Wednesday 2 January 2013

2013: In Pursuit of Magic

A year ago I posted about my inspiration, motto's and motivation for 2012.  I don't really believe in New Years resolutions so it was more of a broad example of how I hoped to lead my life last year and I think I succeeded.  I've really let the blog go since March of this year just due to the fact that I have been overwhelmingly busy with my new but shortlived life in NYC.  I am only here for a year so I have really wanted to make the most of it.  But even this is drawing to a close now and I am beginning to think about life post-NYC and as much as I will be sad to say goodbye to this epic city, I'm also intrigued with what is to come next, excited to make a home for myself and absolutely overjoyed to be back amongst the familiar faces of my much missed family and friends.

2013 is set to be another powerful year for me and so I found it incredibly apt that I stumbled across this little phrase on the streets of Brooklyn, right outside the apartment in Dumbo that I was visiting on Christmas Day.  For me it was a sign for what I should aspire 2013 to be like and it is also so incredibly New York to have something like this on a random paving stone, on a random street.



I knew who I was long before I embarked on this experience so this year wasn't so much about self-discovery.  The year was about making the most out of myself and my life and being able to take a massive leap in my career.  I had goals and that's why I'm here in Manhattan right now.  I have however been able to get all my ducks in a row and figure out exactly how I'd like to shape my life, career and also personal life.  I wanted to remind myself and all of you of some of my motivation for this past year from Beyonce's I Was Here.  Which is back on repeat as it was this time last year.  I'll be carrying these two pieces of 2012 with me into 2013 and beyond.  For my readers that still tune in when I very infrequently post, thanks so much for doing so and I hope to be tuning in more often this year.  Here's to a magical 2013 all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
UA-23892727-2